Actualise Consulting offers a reliable and accurate technology due diligence service to private investors, venture capital funds and other technology investment organisations wishing to invest in high-tech projects or companies.
- Innovation Strength
- Intellectual Property
- Unique Selling Points
- Skill Requirements
- SWOT Analysis
Market and Opportunity Verification
- Total Available market
- Market growth factors and trends
- Product Positioning in market
- Competitive Landscape
- Value & Pricing Strategy
Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Revenue Feasibility
- Customer Base Analysis
- Distribution Channel Costs
- Selling and Marketing Costs
- Strategy Review
- Sales/Marketing Exposures
- Employment Verification
- Interpersonal Skills
- Key Competencies
Actualise Consulting understands that the technical evaluation can be very important in cementing the relationship between the investor and the management of the company. We place a strong emphasis on communication skills and information sharing and we strive to understand the needs of the investor and to work very closely with the management of the company to gather the necessary information in a professional and efficient manner.
A methodical evaluation process is adopted for all of our Due Diligence projects. Based on the use of custom developed checklists and questionnaires, the process involves a period of information gathering, including face-to-face interviews and consultations with key individuals, followed by a period of analysis and then preparation of the technical report. This is usually followed by a presentation to the investor.
A different brief can be adopted if required, for instance, if the investor wishes to focus on any specific aspects of the company and its function. Actualise Consulting also offers a “Fast Track” service suitable for very small enterprises at an early stage, or for initial qualification of larger enterprises. This involves a shorter inspection visit or telephone interview and the preparation of a short summary addressing each of the four areas: Idea, Implementation, Operation, and People.
In addition to the standard due diligence service, we can also provide a service conducting independent milestone reviews, technical audits, idea evaluations and technical studies. We also offer a range of market intelligence, competitor intelligence, business development and marketing services aimed at helping small technology companies get their business off the ground.
The due-diligence projects conducted by Actualise Consulting are spearheaded by Daniel Dearing, who has over 30 years of experience in the ICT, defence, commercial and medical electronics sectors, in many aspects of communications and digital technology. His experience has been gathered in companies ranging from small, start-ups through to large multi-nationals, including Plessey, GEC, Nortel and ARM Holdings, along with public sector experience with the Knowledge Transfer Network and the Digital Catapult. He is backed up by an experienced team of associates with a wide range of experience in the electronics industry in various software, hardware design and system development, management, business development and consulting roles.
Our technical expertise includes the following:
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles and other transport systems
- Medical device technologies (diagnostics, drug delivery, assisted living, sensors etc)
- Embedded computing systems, microprocessors and low-level programming in real-time systems
- Autonomous Systems and Robotics
- Internet of things (IoT) and fixed and wireless network technology – WLAN, Bluetooth, GSM/GPRS, UMTS, DECT, WiMax, UWB, Zigbee, Ethernet, IP, VOIP, PPP, ATM, SDH
- Electronics, semiconductor, SoC, FPGA, VLSI technology
- Video and image processing and transmission, DSP
- Digital, RF and antenna technology (esp. Smart Antennas)
- IT Systems and IT processes
Software analysis and development methodologies (UML, SDL, Shlaer/Mellor etc)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers, Embedded real-time systems and device drivers
We would be happy to provide more details of our experience and contacts in each of these areas or to discuss our experience in related areas that may not be listed above. Please contact us for more details